I'm awesome! I love my friends, love my job, love my life. You can catch me out and about most weekends...sometimes in Madison, sometimes in some of the rural surrounding communities. I like pretty much any movie, but my favorite is "Working Girl." My nickname is "Crabz" or some form of it...Crabby, Crabzilla, Crabaholic, basically whatever starts with "Crab." I want to let you all know, though, that I don't go by that because of what you're thinking. It's actually because most people think I'm crabby most of the time. If you want to get to know me, buy me things...food is my favorite gift.
School is back in session. And for those of you that plan on graduating this year and going out into the world, I’ve got a few tips.
My favorite is number #2: You don't need to know what you want to be when you grow up.
That is so true. I would be considered a grown up and I still don’t know what I wanna do.
1. Find your people.
2. You don't need to know what you want to be when you grow up.
3. Remember that the "best college in America" doesn't exist.
4. Get to know at least one teacher beyond the classroom.
5. Take college admissions counselors' advice, but don't treat it as law.
6. You may not get graded for the creative thing you love, but you should still do it.
7. Make an effort to get to know your parents. (Yes, really.)
8. Even in the thick of college application season, make time to see your friends.
9. Not everything will happen "according to plan."
10. The best way to tackle huge, intimidating projects is to start with baby steps.
11. Whenever you can, start early.
12. Don't let your relationship with your boyfriend or girlfriend control your life.
13. Create your own definition of "success."
14. Focus on learning, not memorizing.
15. Take a deep breath.